Love the taste of chili and socializing with your fellow members? If so, consider volunteering as a judge or just join us for a FREE lunch courtesy of all of our contestants!
Chili Judging will start at 11:00 a.m.
Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
Fax the form to 502-459-9803 or e-mail it to Treva Masters (email@example.com) to register your chili.
Please register by February 12th.
You can also e-mail Treva if you are interested in judging!
Contestant Information and Rules
1. Anything goes! Red chili, white chili, chili with no beans: whatever you think is best! Your chili may consist of any kind of meat, pepper, pre-cooked or canned tomatoes, various spices, and other ingredients, such as any variety of beans.
2. Each contestant may enter only one batch of chili. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and People’s Choice.
3. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant number by the scorekeeper.
4. Each contestant will be responsible for turning in his or her crockpot to the judging area by 11:00 AM.
5. All ingredients must be pre-cooked and ready-to-eat.
Judges will vote for the chili they like best based on only the following major considerations.
How your chili will be judged
Appearance & Color – Chili should look appetizing.
Aroma – Chili should smell good. This also indicates what is in store when you taste it.
Consistency – Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be too dry, watery, grainy, lumpy, or greasy.
Taste – Taste, above all else, is the most important factor. The taste should consist of the combination of the meat, spices, etc. with no particular ingredient dominating.
Aftertaste – The aftertaste or “bite” is the heat created by the various types of spices and or peppers.